- 2 large eggplants
- 1 large red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- Optional – 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup diced mature tomatoes
- Dice eggplant into chunks and place in a bowl full of water.
- Finely chop red onion and add in a large pot with heated oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all spices and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the water, salt, and chopped tomatoes and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the eggplant and add it to the pot, mixing well to cover it in the curry sauce. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Adjust salt if necessary and serve over plain steamed rice.