- Lemon rind strips (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 liter of apple cider
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 20 whole cloves
- 5 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple brandy
1. Bring all ingredients except the apple brandy to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Pour mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid and discard the solids. Stir in brandy.
3. Serve in mugs; garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, if desired.